Big 5 Wilderness Walking Trail and 4×4 Safari Company based on the Letaba River adjacent the Kruger National Park
4×4 Eco Wilderness Camping Trails
“if you’re looking to immerse yourself in the wild,
step out of the vehicle and touch the soil”
Manukuza Trails Guide
4x4 Eco Wilderness Camping Trails
General information & Location
The trail takes place in the Greater Kruger National Park on an exclusive previously inaccessible piece of land wedged between the Letaba and Klein Letaba Rivers just north of Phalaborwa. These great river systems form an unfenced boundary with the Kruger National Park resulting in the natural unrestricted movement of game. Our remote location isolates us from the outside world and allows you to become totally immersed in an authentic bushveld environment.
The Letaba River generally carries water throughout the year whereas the seasonal Klein Letaba River seldom flows but scattered pools provide an essential water source for animals including the Big 5.
The guided trail takes place over 3 nights / 4 days and will meander along these important water sources however, you will have the opportunity to break away from the river systems and explore the higher lying areas.
The 4×4 routes follow reserve management tracks and are a hands-on experience as annual floods and the lack of human impact result in a very wild and natural environment. Due to its remoteness, the route participants will need to be totally self-sufficient and be willing to get involved.
- Isolated campsites will be set up by the participants along the routes at a location chosen by the guide
- The trip is selfcatered and you need to bring all your own equipment
- We have no set camping areas but do insist that we leave our overnight areas the way they are found.
- There are no ablutions or water points along the routes so 4x4ers need to be prepared.
- Off road camping trailers are welcome but they will be based at strategic points as this route will offer the 4x4er some challenging obstacles.
- Should the group be interested in a walking trail along the route this can be arranged. Please let us know before bookings are made. Depending on the walking group size either one or two guides will lead the trail. We follow strict trails procedures during the walks where no more than 4 guests can walk with one guide and up to a maximum of 8 guests with two guides. The minimum age on a walk is 13 years.
- Due to the environment no guests are permitted to walk in the reserve without a member of our team with them.
Feel free to contact us for more information.
Full checks lists are available.